Friday, February 18, 2011

49/365

The joy of love prompt for today is going out. But we've had sick kids all week-first Em and then Josh-and Matthew has baseball tryouts tonight. And we can't just up and go without planning ahead. So once again, I'm skipping the assignment for today.

It's been gorgeous here most of the week but because of the kids being sick, we haven't been able to enjoy it beyond opening up the windows. Joshua is feeling a bit better today and his fever is finally gone so we went outside for a little while.

016web2
{iso200, f2.8, shutter 1/320}
026web2
{iso100, f3.2, shutter 1/800}




Can I get some advice/CC on this one? I love backlit photos but am not very good at editing them. Any and all advice is more than welcome!
025web
{iso100, f3.2, shutter 1/800}

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Great light! Love the haziness of the last one.

Misty said...

Love that first shot. On the last one I might just try bumping the contrast and clarity just a little bit. I usually just bump things around till it looks right.

Ky said...

That first photo is a keeper! I love it so much. Would look great on a canvas hanging on the wall!

Catherine said...

That first pic looks like it was taken with a full frame camera! I love the canopy of trees! The backlit photo is just right. Nice edit.

Laurie said...

I love the first one and how the trees frame him. These are all nice.

tatyannashope said...

I love these! The lighting is gorgeous!!

Kristin said...

I love the feeling in the first picture; to me it screams spring is here and the lighting is wonderful. I also like your new header. I'm not good at backlighting, so I'm anxious to hear what others have to say.

Melissa said...

I too love the framing in the first photo, it's great. On the last photo, I actually like the look of it. It has that hazy feeling that people buy actions to get! :) To me it's prefect but I don't know much about back lighting.

Thanks for the advice on my 50mm too. I think I'm going to keep practicing. She was definitely moving in a lot of the photos I took, so that might have been the issue. Thanks again! :)

Michelle said...

I love these scooter shots...especially the first one! Glad he's feeling better...I hope everyone else is, too.

Photography said...

Oh I love them all. The first has something special about it.